GARMENT'S CREATIVE CREATURE: RENEE KRAAIJVANGER
This is Renee Kraaijvanger, a talented Artez fashion design graduate. We asked Renee about her featured designs in Garment, the Underwear Issue and her opinion on underwear.
1. Can you tell us a bit more about your creative designs that are featured in Garment 2019, the Underwear Issue?
“My collection stands for my fantasy future self. Thus it is about me living a glamorous life with a lot of colours, animal prints and diamonds. And plenty of time of course, to play with my king’s poodle George.”
2. If you were a piece of underwear? What kind of underwear would you be?
“I would be a thong with a fluorescent green leopard print combined with details of lace.”
3. Describe one fantasy world you wished you could visit as a kid?
“My fantasy world would be a glamorous world full of pink poodles.
I would love to bring them all to the trim saloon so I could have a pedicure with them and of course with my most special one, George.”
4. Do you think that underwear can be a tool for expression and fantasy?
“Yes, I think that with the right underwear people can feel very confident. And in my opinion confident people are also better in expressing themselves.”
5. If you weren’t a fashion designer what would you be?
“Haha, my back up plan was always to start my own snackbar. So I would stick to that plan, for sure.”